The National Autism Association just opened applications up again today for their big red safety box. The box has many items that you can use to keep your child safe and many materials to read with information. We applied for our Big Red Safety Box and received it in April. I absolutely loved everything in our box and think this is a great thing for any families with children who have Autism. I have their window stickers up on my windows, use the Road Id for my son’s shoe to keep him safe if he is ever lost when we are out, and the STOP alert signs for things like touching the stove, so he knows it is hot. The box is filled with all those things and more. This is the list of what it has:
NAA’s Big Red Safety Box® includes:
- Educational materials and tools, including NAA’s Be REDy Booklet
- Two (2) Door/Window Alarms including batteries
- One (1) RoadID Personalized, Engraved Shoe ID Tag
- Five (5) Adhesive Stop Sign Visual Prompts for doors and windows
- Two (2) Safety Alert Window Clings for car or home windows
- One (1) Red Safety Alert Wristband
- One (1) Child ID Kit from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Coming from a Mommy of a child with Autism and Sensory Issues, who elopes, the items in this box are definitely worth having. Another great thing, if you can’t afford to pay anything for the box, you don’t have to. You can opt to pay your shipping costs or a donation to pay-it-forward. But, the box is free to everyone who applies!
It is on a first come, first served basis. Also, only one box per household and family. If you haven’t applied before, I highly suggest getting your box! Just apply here.
** I wasn’t asked or compensated to do this post, I just loved our box & wanted to share with others how wonderful it is! All the opinions in this post are my own and in no way influenced by National Autism Association.**