I love everything Holidays and Christmas this time of the year! Ever since I was a little kid, I used to love seeing houses and businesses all lite-up with holiday lights. So many beautiful decorations everywhere I went, walking through a store and seeing the trees, ornaments and so much more. When I got older, I always loved to visit different places during the holidays. To see all the beautiful decorations and enjoy some wonderful holiday fun. Now that I have my kids, I enjoy this time of year even more.
If you live in PA or nearby, this is a list of some of my favorite places to visit this holiday season here in Pennsylvania.
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane. On select weekend and weekdays, Hersheypark opens for their magical Christmas Candylane. So many beautiful lights to see, rides to ride and more! For more details including dates, times, and to purchase tickets visit here.
- Hershey Sweet Lights. One of my favorite things to do is drive around and look at lights, while we all sip hot cocoa. Well, every year Hershey has their amazing Sweet Lights. With over 600 illuminated displays as you drive thru 2-miles of wooded trails, you’ll be oohing and aahing the whole time. Check their website here for dates and times, plus more information.
- Dutch Wonderland Winter Wonderland. This was the first time we have ever been to Dutch Wonderland and it was so much fun during the holidays this year. We did some rides, saw dinosaurs all dressed up for Christmas, rode a train and even visited Santa. To read about our visit and save $2 a ticket, go to my post here.
- Sesame Place’s A Very Furry Christmas. We will be going to this super cute event in a few weeks. This is a family friendly celebration with all the Sesame Street characters. Lights, decorations, rides and even visiting Santa! Read more about it on their site here.
- Philadelphia Zoo’s Zoo Noel. Two weekends every year, the zoo transforms into a winter wonderland. You can get pictures with Santa, enjoy a hot chocolate bar, even bring a card to deliver to your favorite animal! To read all about it and for times & dates, visit their site here.
- Macy’s Christmas Light Show. Check out this free event in Philly. Watch the amazing light show and check out the 40′ tree! For times and location visit their site here.
- Strasburg Rail Road. Head out to Strasburg and take a fun train ride with Santa! Before our ride, we got to listen to a story from Mrs. Claus and write our lists to Santa. Than we hopped the train and listened to carolers as we rode. We also got a visit from Santa himself, who brought a special gift for every child. This train was so much fun, we can’t wait to go again! You can read all about it and how to get tickets on my post here.
- Choo Choo Barn. While you are in Strasburg, make sure to head over to my son’s favorite place, the Choo Choo Barn! Between Nov. 25-Jan. 6, they have an amazing Christmas Layout. Their layout is all decked out in holiday surprises, from 55 hidden Santas’ to their zoo animals getting decked out in holiday attire! To learn more head to their website here.
- Shady Brook Farm Holiday Light Show. Running nightly from Nov. 19-Jan. 8, Shady Brook Farms has an amazing drive-thru light show. There are over 3 million lights on many acres of the farmland. I don’t know who was more excited about seeing all the beautiful lights, the kids or myself. There were so many displays, it was worth our trip. Head to their website here for more information.
- Koziar’s Christmas Village. Last year I had the pleasure of getting to visit Koziar’s with my family. This place was amazing! They have thousands of lights, train displays that my son loved, tons of window displays and much more! We had a blast and spent hours visiting. To read more about our visit and how to get your tickets, read my post here.
These are some of my favorite places to visit in Pennsylvania during the holiday season! I hope you all enjoy them as much as my family & I have.
Let me know, what places do you recommend visiting in PA during the holidays that aren’t on my list?
Have A Wonderful Holiday Season Everyone!